Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Friday, May 01, 2009
I have gotten a ton of emails asking for more blog inspiration. Sorry, I am in my last quarter of school, I get my degree in June in web design and then you will see lots more ;) I posted some at the end of the post.
I have been really inspired by a scrapbook product lately though. Let me ask you something?
Have you ever gone to a crop and wished you had a certain scrapbook magazine, but who is going to carry pounds of scrapbook magazines to a crop or weekend scrapbook getaway?
Have you ever bookmarked a magazine page thinking it was a great idea for a certain page or picture, then go back to it later and forget why exactly you bookmarked it?
Have you ever started scrapbooking, grabbed a product, remembered you saw a great idea a couple months back (you think), in Scrapbook Trends (you think...or maybe it was Cards), go to look for it through your stack of magazines and not be able to find it?
YES, YES, and YES...for me ;)
I am so excited about Scrapbook Trends new online magazine idea. You get the same issue you would receive in the mail, at a much cheaper cost, and about a month before paper magazine subscribers get it!
I have always loved Scrapbook Trends, Cards, Paper Trends (now Simply Handmade). I actually subscribed to all three for a full year. You should see my scrapbook room with all those magazines stacked up, I am not going to throw them away with how much I paid for them!
Now I subscribed to the online magazine. Only $10.00 a month for the recent issues of Scrapbook Trends, Cards, Simply Handmade, Idea Books, and Bead Trends! I am so excited. I started using it today. Also, next time I go to a three day scrapbook retreat I can have all my issues and ideas with me on my laptop (which I would be bringing anyways).
The coolest part is how interactive it is. You can bookmark pages, search through issues with a search feature, and it has a sticky note feature you can add to pages. Then you can go back and look at just your sticky notes for that magazine. It is going to be so much easier to find what I am looking for now. Some stickies I have posted already are some like, "great boy page idea" and "great use of felt". Then you go back when you scrapbook and click on that sticky note and it takes you right to the page. It is awesome.
If you only want one magazine type (I know I have a lot of hard core card makers that subscribe), it is only $4.99 a month!
O.k. I have to go play and look at the new JUNE SCRAPBOOK TRENDS ISSUE (thats right June is already up for your viewing pleasure)
Try out the online magazine and all the cool features with the Mini-Albums Idea Book : ITS FREE!
Click here to subscribe : SUBSCRIBE
Click here to learn about more, and a list of the benefits: MORE INFO
P.S. I had the pleasure of talking with Scrapbook Trends customer service today (how often do you hear the word pleasure in that sentence...haha). They were really great, going above and beyond....I was truly impressed. They really care about their customers.
I made this card for one of my favorite teachers last quarter. I used a conversation bubble stamp and covered it with embossing powder which gave the card great texture. The bird and label die cut is Spellbinders.
Of course I have to post a page about my little man, I love taking pictures of him. I wanted to scrapbook his likes and dislikes at 2 years old. I am a fan of pages that are not 12x12 squares so I let the Pink Paislee border hang off the side of the paper. To get the texture in the plain chipboard @ symbole and number 2 I ran it through the wizard as if I was cutting dies into the chipboard, it leaves a nice groove.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Here is some of my recent stuff...
I added puff paint to the felt embellishment, jewels for the frogs eyes and cut one of the fancy pants pins to make the frogs heart.
E-mail me with your questions on this one.
Check out my website, I changed the style a lot.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Friday, July 04, 2008
Remember to check out this helpful video on youtube describing how to use Spellbinders dies in other die cutting machines.
I decided to alter a plain album with this die. I started out with a fabric album in a neutral color.
1. Cut and emboss the leaf on a green paper of your choice.
2. Ink through the die stencil with a color a shade darker than your paper.
3. Reverse stencil with a shade lighter than your paper by removing the die cut and applying ink to the die (rough side), replace paper in die, then run it through the wizard with the embossing mat.
4. Now you are going to use the Spellbinders die to stencil onto the fabric album. Put the Spellbinders die cut stencil upside down so it lays flush with the fabric album. Use a sharpie or Copic marker to trace around the shape than use a dark color to ink the inside (don’t worry if it is too dark the next step will tone it down).
5. Remove the Spellbinders die and use a lighter shade of green to cover the entire leaf image.
6. Repeat, I chose to have two stenciled leaves on my album.
7. Using the large Sunflower die cut, emboss and ink two sunflowers. I chose to cut on orange paper and ink each with a different color.
8. For the third sunflower cut and emboss with vellum, then ink the vellum through the stencil with an ink such as Staz-on
9. Stack and glue your three sunflower dies, cardstock on top and bottom and vellum in the middle.
10. Cut and emboss the center piece of the sunflower, I used orange paper.
11. Use a thickening medium mixed with acrylic paint to make the inside of the sunflower. Rub it on the die and then carefully take the paper out of the die.
12. The result will be this. Since the die is thick the thickening medium you added to the paint will make the dots stand up.
13. After the paint dries, adhere to the center of your sunflower.
14. Pull back some of the petals of the sunflower to make it more dynamic
15. Add pop dots to the back of the leaf die cut only in the middle and glue the edges. This gives it a dimensional look.
16. After adhering the leaf, glue down the sunflower.
17. Add title or any other embellishments to your album as desired.
If you have any questions about this project or would like more detail with products I used please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). To sign up to receive more Spellbinders product release information click here.
Spellbinders Birthday Celebration
Sneak Peek Party Drawing Information
Spellbinders will randomly pick one entry from each of the 14 Spellbinders Sneak Peek Blog reveals as stated in the “Rules”. This name will be drawn to receive the die being revealed on said blog. These entries must follow all rules stated below to be valid for the drawing.
Entrants visiting all 14 Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peeks Blog reveals and correctly entering their information into the 14 separate drawings, as described below, will automatically be entered into a GRAND PRIZE give away of a new RASPBERRY WIZARD and a $500 retail value die package!
Any participant wishing to be included in the daily drawing for the Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek die give away must adhere to all of the following rules:
1) Participant must click on the provided drawing link on blog to enter each individual drawing on sneak peeks between June 30 and July 13.
2) Participant must type in the subject line the name of the die being revealed.
3) Participant must send their entry for this blog before 12:00 midnight Central Standard Time on July 6th
4) Participant is only allowed to enter each of the 14 Spellbinders sneak peek blog give away drawings one time per sneak peek. Participant must use the same email address daily to be considered for grand prize entry.
5) Spellbinders Design Team members and employees are not eligible for drawing.
Any participant wishing to be automatically entered into the drawing for the Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek Grand Prize drawing, must enter the drawing from all of the 14 blog reveals and follow all the above rules.
*Spellbinders will only use email information to contact the winner.
*Spellbinders will not share this email address with any other parties.
*Spellbinders will not use this email information for advertisements or communications
other than to contact the winner.
*If you wish to be included in further communications from Spellbinders, please go to their homepage and sign up: www.spellbinders.us.
*If you have any other questions regarding the contest e-mail email@example.com
If you would like to own the Sunflower 1 die contest over (firstname.lastname@example.org). The contest will close midnight CST July 6th. Good Luck and remember to check out all the other sneak peaks.
Fine Print: Comments will be accepted until Sunday July 13th at Midnight PST. Album and birds will be shipped to the two winners on Monday July 14th from Clear Scraps headquarters in Illinois.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
The Spellbinders Nestability Dies will be turning one year old soon! To celebrate, Spellbinders is having a two-week long party, culminating in an amazing birthday gift: someone will be winning a new Wizard AND $500 worth of dies. More details are posted on the Spellbinders home page here.
Each day a different Spellbinders Design Team member will introduce one of the soon-to-be-released dies! Blog visitors can sign up during specified times for a chance to win that day's featured die. My day is July 5th.
Here's a list of the places and dates that you will be able to see the new Spellbinders dies in action.
June 30: Thinking Inking by Debbie Olson
July 1: Created From Paper by Jennifer Ellefson
July 2: Wickedly Wonderful Creations by Wendy Weixler
July 3: Embellished Dreams by Heidi Blankenship
July 4: Simple Dreams by Ellen Hutson
July 5: Caffeinated Thoughts by Michelle Klomp
July 6: Linda's Works of Heart by Linda Duke
July 7: Mish Mash by Michelle Wooderson
July 8: Inky Heart by Sally Lynn MacDonald
July 9: Cookies for Breakfast by Beth Pingry
July 10: PaperFections by Sharon Harnist
July 11: Today's Creations by Holly Craft
July 12: Donya Schroeder by Donya Schroeder
July 13: Follow Your Bliss by Trudee Sauer
Don't miss the party!
Here are some recent pictures from my sessions....
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Here is her at the hospital after it happened...
And she had to get 10 stitches....
On the scrapbooking front...I think I will be able to show a Clear Scraps sneak peak soon :-)
But here is a card and layout I made with Spellbinders dies.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
The box of new CHA going to be released goods from Clear Scraps is in the mail on the way to me...I cant wait to play with that :-)
Discount alert - Just Let me Scrapbook is having 25% off their already reduced prices...great shipping and click on the whats new tab to see all the newest CHA products. coupon code is MOM08 and is good through May 12. Oh and be sure to tell them I sent you in the comments section of your order.
This was a fun page...at CHA last year the dorm room I put together won for badges, which I created so this is the story behind that win :-)
Used Clear Scraps acrylic, Spellbinders dies, and Tin Box Creations stamps
stay tuned for more :-)