Tuesday, November 21, 2006


















Here is a page very dear to me.

Journaling:
A mother makes sacrifices and important decisions everyday for her children. When I found myself pregnant at sixteen my responsibilities as a mother began. The idea of adoption scared me; I could not imagine giving my own child up knowing a bond would be created during my pregnancy. I wanted my daughter to have a great life with parents able to care for her in every way and to have every opportunity available to her. I, as a mother, made the biggest sacrifice. I put my feelings, desires, and insecurities aside and gave my daughter up for adoption. When I was in the hospital, after giving birth, a nurse told me I had given the family that adopted my child the greatest gift. Now many years later I realize at the same time I was giving my daughter the greatest gift.

3 comments:

Celia said...

Oh Michelle this is such a touching page...WOW...you were so strong and wonderful to make that decision!

Vanessa said...

a beautiful heartfelt page-tfs!

Anonymous said...

I am adopted ... and I do not know my birth mom - but if I were to meet her I would want to say Thank-you for making that sacrifice for me. I think this is a wonderful page! Can't say thank-you to my birth mom - but I can say thank-you to you ... now that I have my own child I REALLY understand the unselfish gift you (and my mom) made!!